Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bento Boxes

Ok, I have a tendency to get a little carried away when an idea hits me. It is July. Every July, my kids write their letters to Santa. This year, they have all decided to ask for a family pass to Thanksgiving Point. Because our entire lives currently revolve around food, I thought it would be fun to also get them each a Bento Box so we can take lunches or what not with us! Whether these will be from Santa or as Mom and Dad's "something to need" gift, we haven't decided. However, I decided that I need to start practicing. I hit up the dollar store and bought a bunch of small bentos, disposable ones to play with.

                                           Um, not sure why the picture is upside down.....

                                           These are some smaller ones that I love!



For our first Bento box, we went super simple. It also was NOT ENOUGH. Three minutes after finishing, they kids were starving.

I sliced cantaloupe... I tried to do triangles, but I'm not that cool yet. I added strawberries (they are Feingold Stage 2). For most of the kids, I added some cheese cubes, but Puppy is Dairy Free, so his has a hard boiled egg. The toast has coconut oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of onion powder. The chickpeas were a recipe found  Modern Parents Messy Food. We did the honey cinnamon variety. My kids liked em. My husband liked em. To be honest, they weren't my favorite. But that's ok! Like I said, everyone else liked em!

No comments:

Post a Comment