Monday, July 20, 2015

Bento Rescue

Sometimes, things don't go according to plan. For example, any time I decide to paint, it only takes 30 min.... In my head. In reality, it seems to take all day! I'm trying to set up our new homeschool space and had a wild hair. I decided to make a mini-dream come true. I painted my piano yellow!!

Before

After

Not going to lie, I love it. I'm going to sand the edges a bit to give it a shabby chic look.

Now... In doing all this, my main floor & dining room are trashed!



However, we still needed to eat. Bentos to the rescue! I made the meal I was going to make and just kept the ingredients separated. I seasoned some ground beef with sage, salt, pepper, onion powder, parsley flakes, & garlic. I also made rice (next time, I'll make it sticky rice & shape it all cute) and sautéed some summer squash & zucchini in canola oil. Those who could have dairy had cheese, those who could not had black beans. OK, truth be told, all the kids asked for black beans. We obliged. We also had a side of kiwi.

Tada!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment