Friday, July 17, 2015

Pretzel Bites Bento Box

Tonight's dinner wasn't intentionally a Bento Box. I was not TOO comfortable with the new recipe I tried and we made a big 'ol mess of the kitchen table. I made pretzel bites and they were delicious! Instead of trying to clear the table, we threw the yummies into the Bento Boxes and had a BLAST eating. Even the adults got Bentos! Now, it's a good thing we weren't really going anywhere because it was not nearly enough food the adults, we had seconds and thirds, lol.

Here's how pretty they look!!

Xman and Puppy wanted photos with theirs!! I will eventually get the picture thing figured out!



Ok, now to the recipes!! We have to alter almost every recipe. First, the Pretzel bites. I got the recipe from A Cozy Kitchen. The only alteration we had to make there was replacing the butter with canola oil.
To dip the pretzels, Hubby made a Honey Mustard Sauce. He got the recipe from Food.com and left out the Paprika so my kids could eat it (Paprika is Feingold Stage 2)

Now to the surprise of the night- the salad!!! I chose this recipe simply because I happened to have cabbage and chicken that was already cooked. I was honestly nervous about making it because I wanted to like it so badly. Well, guess what? I LOVED IT!!! And so did the kids. There was not one single complaint about dinner. The original was from The Urban Poser, but I'll repost OUR version here.

Chicken and Cabbage Salad

Ingredients:

Leftover chicken, shredded

1 small head Savoy Cabbage, thinly sliced

1 cup julienned carrots

3 green onions, the whole thing!

1/4 cup  Mint leaves, roughly chopped

1/4 cup  Basil leaves, roughly chopped

1/4 cup  Cilantro leaves, roughly chopped


Dressing

1/4 cup water

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (to taste)

1 tablespoon Sweet and Sour Sauce


1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 1/2 tablespoons honey

1/2 teaspoon vinegar

1 tablespoons Olive Oil

Just put them all together and pour the dressing on top. SO FRIGGIN DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment